If you are planning to start a fitness regime and adhere to it religiously, then a reliable fitness tracker is what you need. This fitness wearable not only provides different workout ideas but also helps improve your motivation to workout. Nevertheless, with so many options available in the market, choosing the best fitness tracker can sometimes be overwhelming, especially for beginners. As such, this article presents a mini-review of the five best fitness trackers for women. It also provides a buyer’s guide to help you pick the right one.
Whether you are planning to get your first fitness tracker or just looking for an upgraded model, it is crucial to pick the best product that suits your lifestyle. It is a device that is going to record and estimate all your workout and daily activities, thereby helping you to achieve your fitness goals. Nevertheless, there are some necessary things you should consider before blindly opting for a fitness tracker. As such, we would like to discuss some essential aspects of fitness trackers that will help you choose the best one.
Choosing the Best Fitness Trackers: A Buyer’s Guide
Purchasing a fitness tracker is not as simple as you might anticipate. There are several things that you should consider before choosing the best fitness tracker. First, you should identify the primary purpose of why you need a fitness tracker, which will further help you in deciding what features are more necessary. Remember, every added feature comes with a price. Besides, you should consider whether you will be using your fitness every day or only during workouts.
benefits of Fitness Trackers
One of the main benefits of using a fitness tracker is that it allows you to keep track of your progress. With the help of this smart device, you can track heart rate, steps, distance traveled, calories, and sleep, among others. This information on your progress will help boost your motivation even to work harder.
Best Ways to Use Fitness Trackers
It is necessary to understand the best ways to use your fitness trackers to ensure accurate tracking and durability. Following are some essential tips for you:
- Create an accurate user profile: Always make sure that you accurate information such as your weight, age, and height when creating your profile. It will help you to get the most from your fitness tracker.
- Wear it on your less dominant arm: Fitness trackers are usually expensive devices; as such, it would help if you wear it on your less dominant arm. It will also provide correct information about your sleep. Besides, it will avoid the recording of any inaccurate data as your non-dominant arm moves lesser than your dominant arm.
This product is the latest model of Fitbit Versa; as such, it comes with several added features. One of the key added features of this model is the Amazon Alexa functionality. An in-built microphone allows you to use voice to create alarm, set timer, check local weather, and even control your smart home devices. The thing I like about this microphone is that you can use it for creating voice replies on Android connected smartphones.
When it comes to the design, it does look similar to the previous Versa models. But the overall size of this fitness tracker is slightly bigger with a square display screen and rounded edges. Another thing I like about this smartwatch is that the manufacturer has not changed the strap sizes. As such, if you own any previous Fitbit Versa models, use the straps with this model.
- It comes with Amazon Alexa built-in with versatile functionalities
- It features an integrated Spotify application
- Extended battery life
- 24/7 heart rate tracking
- It features AMOLED display and always-on display mode for a quick view
- It supports notifications for calls, texts, and calendar
- A quick voice replies on Android connected devices
- Daily sleep quality scores
- Screen brightness is adaptive, though you can preset the base brightness
- You can’t stream Spotify on this watch unless you have a premium Spotify subscription
- Voice reply is not compatible with iSO devices
- Your phone needs to be with you to enjoy all its benefits
If you are looking for a fitness wearable that can even allow you to log data about your menstrual cycle, this product will be the right pick for you. It not only features a cycle tracking app but also comes with an ECG app that allows you to check your heart rate. One of the greatest design upgrades of this product is the always-on retina display. It allows you to check your data without the need to activate the screen by flicking your wrist. Another essential feature of this product is the compass app that allows you to navigate your surroundings.
One of the features that I like about this product is the emergency calling feature and fall detection. This smart device will automatically make an emergency call if we happen to fall and remain motionless for some seconds. Besides, you can enjoy this feature regardless of the country.
- It features an emergency calling feature along with fall detection
- ECG app for a quick read on your heart
- Cycle tracking app for women
- Features advanced workout metrics
- Waterproof up to 50 meters
- Compass app for easy navigation
- It helps you stay connected with friends
- It does not come with built-in sleep tracking
- Ineffective battery life
If you are familiar with Samsung smartwatches, it is not surprising to notice the missing rotating bezel on this product. However, the advantage of removing the bezel has made it smaller and lighter, which is vital for comfort. With the bezel, you will have to rely on the 1.1 inches touch screen and two-button on the side for navigations.
I like this product because it allows me to track a wide range of exercises, including elliptical sessions and resistance training. Another feature that makes this product stands out among its competitors is the inclusion of stress measurement. If you are a person who sits on the desk working for an extended time, then this product is a must-have for you. It can warn you when you sit on the desk for too long.
- Good battery life
- It provides proper sleep and heart rate tracking
- It features an auto-brightness setting
- The display is resistant to scratches
- It comes with different options for case colors
- Water resistance
- It is compatible with both Android and iPhone
- Encourages you to move when you remain inactive for too long
- Stress measurement
- The touch screen is quite small; as such, it is not a perfect choice for fat fingers
- Limited third-party app support
Are you looking for a product that offers different exercise modes? If yes, then you should consider this product. It offers more than 15 workout modes such as swimming, biking, running, and yoga, among many others. It also allows you to link with other users, who can motivate you to push harder. Besides, you can select only those users from whom you can receive notifications.
An essential feature that makes this product stand out from its competitors is the ability to record your sleep by breaking down into light, heavy, and rapid eye movement sleep. Besides, it supports various operating systems such as Android, iOS, and Windows.
- Battery life up to seven days
- It provides different exercise modes
- It provides real-time statistics during your workouts
- It offers detailed information about your sleep
- Swim proof and water-resistant
- 24/7 heart rate tracking
- Compatible with many devices
- Call and text alert
- App notifications
- Female health features
- it does not have a dedicated GPS; as such, it requires your phone nearby
- The display of this product is monochrome
- It lacks music controls
If you are looking for a smart device with a replaceable coin cell battery, this product is for you. When it comes to design, it does not look like a fitness wearable but resembles more like a fashionable piece of jewelry. The outer edge features 12 tiny LED lights that show your daily workout progress. It can accurately record your sleep, distance traveled, and calories. With water-resistant up to 50 meters, you can use it when you are showering or swimming. Overall, this product is significantly lighter than many other fitness devices available in the market.
- Tracks sleep
- Swim proof
- The replaceable battery can last up to six months
- Compatible with a wide range of devices
- Comfortable to wear
- It does not track as much data as other fitness devices
- Inconvenient when typing on the computer
- It lacks integration with other apps
To sum up, these are the five best fitness trackers for women available in the market. Deciding the winner among these products is a matter of personal preference, as people’s likes and dislikes differ significantly from one person to another. Many of them have essential features such as heart rate monitor, step counter, and sleep tracker, among many others, needed for achieving your fitness goals. When it comes to compatibility and battery life, there is a considerable difference between these products. As such, you should consider these factors based on your purpose and requirements.