We all know how difficult it is to follow a daily gym routine that includes exercises that exert stress on your joints, leading to painful and inevitable aftermath. What if I told you there is a machine that will give you a full-body and less demanding workout right in the comfort of your own home? Let me introduce you to the best Proform elliptical machines.
The Hybrid Trainer by ProForm, as the name suggests, is the only hybrid elliptical machine on the list.
Why you need elliptical machine lines up with the benefits of an elliptical machine:
- You get both an upper body as well as lower body workout from one single machine.
- It exerts less stress and force on your joints, giving your whole body a low-impact workout.
- It helps you to boost your stamina without you noticing.
- Working out on this machine will help you burn 250-400 calories in just 30 minutes.
- You will improve your balance because this machine works the core muscles.
- You can choose between high-impact or low-impact and full-body or specific muscle target workouts.
What to look out for before buying an elliptical machine
Elliptical machines do not come cheap. So we have come up with some pointers and advice regarding what you should check or tick before settling on a product:
Although this might seem obvious, many people focus more on the other points and forget to match their choice with their budget. The first thing we suggest you do is set a price range and see where you can go from there.
You need to set a place where you want to keep the machine and find the product that fits into that particular space. You might like one machine, but it will be a waste of time, effort, and money if you cannot fit it into your home.
The elliptical machine that you buy must have comfortable padded paddles, adjustable resistance, smooth and quiet operation, and ergonomically designed handles. If the product does not have these basic features, it will be better to go for another.
Always try to get the most out of anything. Some elliptical machines come with holders for your phone, tablet, or water bottle. You might even get Bluetooth connectivity and speakers integrated into an elliptical machine if you search the market well enough. These added features will provide you with the convenience worth your money.
Give it a shot
Last but not least, give the machine a try before you finalize your purchase decision. Even though it might have ticked all the points given above, be on the safe side and give it a whirl. You will see if it lives up to your expectations and their claims.
How to use an elliptical machine?
It is not difficult to use an elliptical machine. All you have to do is take care while mounting it because the pedals will move along with your weight. You can get the support of the fixed handles while getting up on it.
After mounting, the movement will come naturally, and you can start working out. You might need to turn on the power button to keep track of your speed and mileage.
Here is a video which will help you with the basics of mounting and working out on an elliptical machine:
Watch out for these while using an elliptical machine.
The first and foremost thing you should look out for is making sure that babies and children do not go near or on the machine. This device has moving parts that may hurt them. Also, get proper support when you are mounting the machine.
Be undistracted and entirely focused on the workout when you are on a machine.
The Hybrid Trainer by ProForm, as the name suggests, is the only hybrid elliptical machine on the list. It has dual functions as an elliptical machine as well as a recumbent exercise bike. What I like about this multi-functioning trainer is its silent magnetic resistance.
This Hybrid trainer comes with a water bottle holder and a tablet stand. The adjustable pedals can lie flat down or at an upright angle so that you will feel comfortable while using either the elliptical or bike function.
If you like personalized training programs or a specific exercise plan, you can browse for options using the iFit membership benefits.
- Works both as an elliptical machine as well as an exercise bike
- It has front-mounted wheels for easy transport
- Soft upper-handlebars for increased comfort
- Low-noise flywheel operation
- The pedal cushioning feels light and slightly unstable
- Complicated assembly process
The Proform Pro 16.9 comes with a 10-inch capacitive touchscreen and a full-color display. It has one integrated tablet and one water bottle holder, which adds to the convenience of this machine.
The 35 workout apps on it will help you reach your fitness goals in a controlled and effective manner. Since I do not have a personal fitness trainer, the apps provided me with the same information I needed from a professional.
The 26-level adjustable resistance allows a person to get as much resistance they need from the 32-pound inertia enhanced flywheel.
- It comes with a high-definition display screen
- Its 20-degree incline ramp increases the machine’s flexibility
- 35 workout apps and iFit compatible
- Easy to fit in rooms with short ceilings
- Assembly may take time if you are new to setting machines up
- The resistance settings seem slightly imbalanced
If you want an elliptical machine that provides an interactive training session, the ProForm Cardio HIIT Trainer might be the right choice for you. On purchasing this machine, you get a 30-days free trial of iFit membership.
One feature that sets this machine apart from the others is its ability to track my fitness. The brand has connected this particular ability to the device along with trainer-led workout programs, and this trainer has control over the 24 levels of quick resistance and sets it accordingly.
Another distinctive feature about this machine is that the handlebars have multi-functioning properties, allowing you to engage in full-body High-Intensity interval Training Exercises.
- It does not make much noise while operating
- Built for High-Intensity Interval Training exercises
- Smooth pedaling to ensure a zero-impact experience
- Compact and easy to set up
- The resistance is not as strong as other machines
- Difficult to disassemble for moving or storing it
Even after an intense workout session, sometimes you may feel like you did not exert enough. But with the Endurance 920 E Elliptical, you might satisfy those feelings of restlessness by working out your whole body. Every step you take will engage your arms, legs, core, shoulders, and back too.
This machine also features a digitally controlled inclination ramp to work out any part of your muscles when the need arises.
The best thing about this machine is that there are heart rate sensors on the handles. You can check how your heart is doing all the while exercising in the Endurance 920 E.
- It comes with two inbuilt 2-inch speakers
- The material is solid steel making it sturdy
- Adjustable leveling pedals for added comfort
- Addition of an EKG heart rate monitor giving real-time data
- It does not come with Bluetooth compatibility
- The display screen is subpar
What I like about elliptical machines is that it allows me to get a full-body workout without requiring too much effort. The ProForm 295 CSE Elliptical has a StepThre frame that keeps the pedals as close to the ground as possible. This way, you can mount the machine much more effortlessly.
It has 12 levels of resistance that you can choose from, and thanks to the SMR silent magnetic strength along with the inertia-enhanced flywheel, you enjoy a smooth and quiet ride every time you get on this machine.
- Easy to mount the machine
- Excellent product for the price
- It has a sturdy build ideal for smaller people
- It is quiet and smooth to ride
- The weight limit of 250 pounds cannot hold tall or larger people
- It does not come with the batteries for the screen
If we compare the five elliptical machines mentioned above to pick the best one, we can go for the ProForm Hybrid Trainer. We choose this product because it shares the five options’ essential features and adds multi-functionality as an added cherry on top.
It can hold up to 350 pounds of weight, unlike the 295 CSE, which can hold only 250 pounds. Like Endurance 920 E Elliptical, it comes with inbuilt speakers on which you can play your songs or listen to the audio from iFit.
The ProForm Hybrid Trainer also comes with easy-transport wheels and EKG grip pulse technology. The added features on this machine, as all the best elliptical machines should have, are worth the affordable price.