How Many Sit-Ups Should I Do a Day to Get Six Pack Abs?
by Tanya Mcintosh
I also struggled with the problem of having a protruding belly for years. I was ashamed to even take off my shirt at the beach or attend functions. I also knew that I would be prone to cardiovascular diseases, metabolic disturbances, and type 2 diabetes.
However, through a series of sit-ups, additional ab exercises, and calorie deficit, I was able to score the six-pack abs that I always wanted. You have to realize that only performing Sit-Ups won’t do the trick.
Table of Contents
- How Many Sit-Ups Should I Do a Day to Get Six Pack Abs?
- What Are Sit-Ups?
- How Many Sit-Ups in a Day?
- Traditional Sit-Ups
- Stability Ball Sit Ups
- Elbow to Knee Sit Ups
- How to Perform a Proper Sit Up?
- The Advantage of Doing Sit-Ups
- The Benefits of Doing Sit-Ups
What Are Sit-Ups?
How Many Sit-Ups in a Day?
I have listed and discussed the four different Sit-Ups that you can do at home. I Believe they will be extremely helpful just like it did for me.
- Lie on your back by anchoring your feet and bending your knees.
- Your chin should be tucking into your chest for lengthening the back of your neck.
- Your fingers should be interlacing at the base of your skull. You can either use your hands to cross your arms on opposite shoulders or keep your palms downwards alongside your body.
- Start exhaling as you begin lifting your upper body up right towards your thighs.
- Start inhaling as you slowly begin to lower yourself back to the floor.
Stability Ball Sit Ups
- Keep your feet flatly on the floor and sit on the stability ball.
- Bring your tailbone, shoulders, and back to the ball by slowly leaning back.
- Start adjusting your legs to keep your knees above your ankles directly and to also keep your thighs parallel to the ground.
- Your mid-back should be placed at the top of the ball.
- Your fingers should be interlacing at the bottom of your skull. Your shoulder blades should be squeezing together, and your elbows should be drawn to the back.
- Begin exhaling once you start engaging your core. Start bringing your torso towards the thighs by lifting the upper back right off the ball.
- You have to stay paused in this posture and begin inhaling to steadily lower yourself upon the ball.
- Keep your arms expanded overhead and your legs out straight while lying flat on your back.
- Raise your arms and feet toward the ceiling in a simultaneous manner.
- Keep both your legs and chest lengthened at an angle.
- You should keep your arms parallel to the ground.
- You have to steadily lower down your back to the starting posture.
Elbow to Knee Sit Ups
- Your fingers should be interlaced at the bottom of your skull while lying on your back.
- Your knees should be bent, and your legs should be lifting off the floor.
- You have to guide your right elbow towards your left knee by twisting your torso. You have to pull it into your chest.
- Now you have to lengthen your right leg in a straight-out manner that is parallel to the ground.
- Now you can execute it on the opposite side.
How to Perform a Proper Sit Up?
- First, you will need to lie down on your back.
- Start bending your legs and firmly place your feet on the floor to stabilize the lower part of your body.
- Cross the hands to your opposite shoulders without having to pull your neck. You can also place them right behind your ears.
- Curl the upper part of your body up towards your knees. You have to take it all the way up and start exhaling as you lift.
- You have to return to your starting point by steadily lowering yourself down. Start inhaling as you lower yourself.
The Advantage of Doing Sit-Ups
Sit-Ups do wonders in working the abdominals and other muscle groups such as the chest, neck, hip flexors, and the lower back. Muscle cells are more active metabolically in comparison to fat cells. So, they tend to burn calories even during rest.
Sit-Ups will build and develop your muscles in the long run. The strong core muscles will easily improve the posture, which in turn will enhance the appearance without losing mass weight.
The Benefits of Doing Sit-Ups
Enhanced Muscle Mass
Balance and Stability
Reduced Health Risks
You have to follow a strict exercise regime that includes Sit Ups, cardio exercises, other abs exercises, and a healthy diet. The beginning can be a struggle, but the results that you will get at the end will be worth it. I am rooting for you!
My journey to healthy living started with the conscious decision to put in the necessary effort required! Healthy living and fitness is a complete lifestyle change that I embraced. The zeal to be fit both mentally and physically gave way for TGFFitness! It is something which I am extremely proud of and would not trade for anything.
The determination to live a healthy life all comes from wanting a balance in my life. When my mind and body are disciplined and focused, nothing can rattle me easily! Learning to train your body and mind is the beginning of a healthy and happy life. After years of training and working, I can safely say that I am ready to help anyone who is in need of my expertise.